Salish Sea

Salish Sea

Wednesday 13 July 2011

My first Collared Dove seen at home

Yesterday I did a spot of birding at Buttertubs Marsh after dropping my wife off at the shops. It was a cloudy but warm morning with few species spotted including Northern Flicker, American Robin, Song Sparrow, a Cedar Waxwing feeding berries to a fledge and Turkey Vultures overhead. I heared the usual Common Yellowthroats and Marsh Wrens and a Mink crossed my path. Just before leaving I spotted a pair of Collared Doves in a Maple above the new lots behind the leisure centre, the male was busy wooing the female. On our return home a Collared Dove flew up from my feeders and sat in the trees for a good while before departing, photo at right. I couldn't believe it,  after seeing them at Buttertubs I see one to add to my home list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment