Salish Sea

Salish Sea

Sunday 7 June 2015

BCFO Trip to Oliver BC

I know I stated that my blog is sightings at home and in and around Vancouver Island. Well I've expanded my fields!

I recently had the opportunity to attend the annual conference of the BC Field Ornithologists and as they offered field trips over two days and presentations including a banquet I decided to give it a try and I was glad I did. We saw a total of some 140 species including birds I don't get to see at home.

Here's a selection of my shots
Common Yellowthroat
Western Kingbird's at nest


 Yellow-headed Blackbird
 
 Bobolink
 Yellow-headed Blackbird
 Black-headed Grosbeak
 Bullock's Oriole
 Lazuli Bunting
 Dusky Flycatcher
 Red-necked Phalarope
 Northern Harrier
 Eastern Kingbirds at nest
 

No comments:

Post a Comment